Your health, safety, and well being are the main concern for the team of dedicated PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, LLC staff who care for you in this program. As a member, you have certain rights that are important for you to understand. Please ask your Care Coordinator to explain these to you if you have any questions. As a member of PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, LLC:
- You have the right to receive medically necessary care.
- You have the right to timely access to care and services.
- You have the right to privacy about your medical record and when you get treatment.
- You have the right to get information on available treatment options and alternatives, presented in a manner and language that you understand.
- You have the right to get information in a language that you understand and the right to get oral translation services free of charge.
- You have the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- You have the right to request a copy of your medical records and ask that the records be amended or corrected.
- You have the right to take part in decisions about your healthcare, including the right to refuse treatment.
- You have the right to be free from any form of restraint or seclusion used as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience, or retaliation.
- You have the right to get care without regard to sex, race, health status, color, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, marital status, or religion.
- You have the right to be told where, when, and how to get the services you need from PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, LLC including how you can get benefits from out-of-network providers if PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, LLC does not have the services you need in our network.
- You have the right to complain to the New York State Department of Health by calling 1(866)-712-7197 or your local Department of Social Services. You also have the right to use the New York State Fair Hearing system or, in some instances, request a New York State External Appeal.
- You have the right to appoint someone to speak for you about your care and treatment.
- You have the right to make advance directives and plans about your care.
- In addition, as a PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, LLC member, you may be receiving care from a home care agency, a hospital, an adult day program, and/ or a nursing home. In each of these settings, you have important rights that the health provider must respect. Please be sure that you understand all of your rights as you continue to receive services from PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, LLC and our provider network.
All Rights Reserved to
PRIME HEALTH CHOICE, 2013